Federal and state law requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information.
Who is providing this notice?
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. on behalf of itself and our affiliates listed in this notice.
How do we protect your personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Our employees are authorized to access information only for valid business reasons. Our vendors must agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality of non public personal information. When applicable, we do not share medical information unless authorized by you or as allowed or required by law.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when:
- you apply for insurance
- we process your application
- you pay insurance premiums
- you give us your contact information
- you give information to your agent or property inspector
- we obtain information from third party vendors such as claims reporting services, and when applicable, consumer reporting agencies
- you file an insurance claim (or if a claim is made against you)
- you show us your government-issued ID or driver's license
- you visit our website if you voluntarily provide the information
We also collect information from other companies, such as your loss history.
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Applicable law recognizes that sharing some information is necessary and appropriate for us to carry out our business and evaluate, maintain, and service your customer relationship with us.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. This notice applies to our affiliates listed below:
- Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company
- American Platinum Property and Casualty Insurance Company
- Evolution Risk Advisors, Inc.
- Atlas Premium Finance Company
- Alder Adjusting Corporation
- Wicklow Inspection Corporation
- Clovered, Inc.
- Blue Atlantic Reinsurance Corporation
- Assurance Systems, Inc.
- Coastal Homeowners Insurance Specialists, Inc.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or nonfinancial companies. Non affiliates we share with can include:
- Independent insurance agents and agencies
- Independent adjusters or claims representatives
- Inspection companies
- Insurance support organizations
- Attorneys, courts, and government agencies
- Electronic payment processing vendors
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.